Saturday, February 19, 2011

Why Do We Hurt Each Other Like That?

Why?


I really want to know. Why?
Why does one part of the body hurt another part of the same body? Shouldn't we build each other up? Why are we the ones who bring the pain and condemnation to our brothers and sisters? I weep with sorrow over the pain all around me. Why?

I know that we live in a fallen, sinful world. I see persecution from the world on the body of Christ. But why does the body of Christ inflict pain on itself? Make it stop! Please make it stop! I am begging you to think before you speak. I beg of you to stop and think before you judge another. Are you without sin yourself? Do you really believe God told you to kick one of His little children when they are already falling down? Just STOP IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privilege

Note I wrote this years ago but am only now brave enough to post it. I have taken time to examine my own attitudes and to listen to people o...