Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Little Spit is Gone

Spit/Henry passed on Monday. He had liver failure. He was not in pain but starting to feel uncomfortable. I was not there. Chuck was the brave husband who took him in when he started to seem to be in pain. The Vet said it was congenital and that orange cats are predisposed to liver disease. He probably was born with this. His under color was always yellow, not the pink you see in most other cats.

I got home yesterday. The house is so quiet without him. Charlie, Peaches and Orion miss him too. It is so strange to walk into the bedroom and no Little Spit. His dishes are gone. His litter box put away. He is buried in the backyard with his collar on. We will miss him. He was the best cat ever.

2 comments:

  1. I miss him, too...

    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you, dear family. I pray that our heavenly Father will surround each one of you with His love and rejoice over you with His everlasting singing.
    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Privilege

Note I wrote this years ago but am only now brave enough to post it. I have taken time to examine my own attitudes and to listen to people o...