Monday, September 14, 2009

Why?

Why do Christians hurt other Christians? Aren't we supposed to love one another and bear each others burdens? What are we showing the world about Christ? What are they thinking when they see the pain we cause our own? Why would anyone want to know Christ if this is what they get?

Or are we just more hurt because Christians should know better? Do we expect too much? Is the pain worse because we allowed these people to see the real us and they used it against us?
Or are we just too sensitive? Is it just pride?

I really think we need to start showing a little more compassion to others. Not just the sinners who don't know any better but the Christian who slips up but is repentant. I think it's time to stop being so judgemental regarding non-essentials to the faith. Do you know exactly where someone else is in their walk with Christ? Are you so prideful yourself that you really think you know what another person's motives are?

Do we even try to understand the pain or stresses our sisters in Christ deal with every day? What makes us think our stuff is bigger than their stuff? Or that they brought it all on themselves?

I know that there are consequences to actions and decisions people make. I just think that maybe we should try to allow others to work through with God's help. I am not saying to allow others to take advantage or walk all over you. I don't mean allow the goats to distract the sheep from God. I just think we sheep need to cut the other sheep a little slack.

1 comment:

  1. Well said sister of mine. I love you and miss you much.

    ReplyDelete

Privilege

Note I wrote this years ago but am only now brave enough to post it. I have taken time to examine my own attitudes and to listen to people o...