Saturday, September 5, 2009

End of Summer

I have noticed that most of my friends from anywhere but SoCal are ending summer. I know school started in most parts of the country already. Our public school district starts on Tuesday after Labor Day. The colleges have all started. My sister is living in a part of the South now and actually has seasons! She stated last week that fall had suddenly come with a crispness to the air. I am looking forward to the pictures she will be posting of the leaves changing.

Our summer is NOT OVER YET! September is my favorite time to go to the beach. It's not so crowded because school is in. The water is warmest in September. It has had all summer to warm up. Laguna is my favorite place but it's a little far so we settle for Huntington, Bolsa Chica or Corona Del Mar. I am determined to get to Laguna at least once this September.

We also usually get the hottest weather in Sept./Oct. so the beach is the best place to just be...

Don't fret my friends. Rest assured that I will be thinking of each and every one of you while I sit under my umbrella sipping my tea and eating my spinach salad at the beach all month long...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privilege

Note I wrote this years ago but am only now brave enough to post it. I have taken time to examine my own attitudes and to listen to people o...