Friday, July 8, 2011

A Lamp Unto My Feet

 Do you know where you are going?
Are you on a straight path?
How do you know you will get there?
Why are you going the way you are going?



Are you trying to fill shoes that just don't fit?
Can you really get anywhere wearing someone else's shoes?
If the shoes are too big or too small don't you hurt?




Are you going in the same direction as everyone else?
Why?
Are you sure that is the way to go?



Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path.

Do you really believe this is true?

I do.

I have found that if we are not in the Word we get off the path. 
We start to wander around. We start to lose our way. 
I want to always stay on the path.
Dear Lord, Keep shining your light on the path you want me to take.
I will keep on your path even if I have no one else to travel with me.
I will trust that you know what is ahead. 
I will continue to keep on going even when it's hard.
Thank you Dear Lord for reminding me that lamps are not flashlights.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privilege

Note I wrote this years ago but am only now brave enough to post it. I have taken time to examine my own attitudes and to listen to people o...