Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day Dad!

 My Dad!





My dad has always worked hard. I remember several different jobs he held over the years.
I know he took work where he could get it several times over the years.
I remember him needing to travel extensively for some of his jobs.

My dad is and has always been there for us.
If I had to choose one word for my dad is would be ENGAGED.

Dad was there for the all the events in our lives.
I remember him at my concerts, which were numerous.
I remember him at all of our sports events, which added together were many.
If he did miss any I don't remember it. 
If we needed him all we had to do was call for him and he would come.

He was the go to guy for me. 
Even as an adult if I needed to know how to do something or fix something I knew I could call Dad.

 He is the experienced toy assembler.
He didn't even need the directions.


 When we were with Dad...he was with us. Engaged...He interacted...He made us feel important.
My dad believes we can do anything we want to do.


Dad is the best Grandpa too!
Engaged is still the word to describe him.
He makes all feel special.

Love you Dad
Happy Father's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privilege

Note I wrote this years ago but am only now brave enough to post it. I have taken time to examine my own attitudes and to listen to people o...