Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bittersweet Gratituesday















Posted by Picasa

Yesterday I said goodbye to our home of almost 15 years.
I am so grateful God allowed us to live in such a nice house for so long.
This home holds so many memories, good and not so good.
Our youngest daughter lived almost all her growing up years in this house. It must be hard for her to say goodbye. She lived here from Kindergarten through her first year of College.

We adopted our 3rd daughter while living in this house. We would not have met her if not for living in this particular place at that particular time. Isn't God's timing great?

Our oldest daughter graduated high school in this house. She also moved away from home from this home. She and her husband and son came back from Guam and lived in this house for a period of time with us.

Our 2nd daughter lived here until she decided to leave.

Good memories of pool time in the back yard. Good memories of the girls friends.

We loved living here but it is just a house, a place to dwell, a shelter.

Now it is time to move on...

God has never let me down. He has given me shelter all my life. I have no fear nor anxiety for the future.
So now we will look forward to the plans He has for us...


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. Kathleen,
    We will praying for you and your family!! I imagined us leaving our house. It would hurt so much. But like you said, "God has never let you down." He'll be with you always! Let me know if you need anything. In love and friendship,

    The Lapeyrolerie's

    ReplyDelete

Privilege

Note I wrote this years ago but am only now brave enough to post it. I have taken time to examine my own attitudes and to listen to people o...